- Pneumagen is a clinical-stage biotech company developing Neumifil, a broad-spectrum antiviral, as an intranasal drug for the prophylaxis of a wide range of viral respiratory tract infections (RTIs).
- Neumifil is a novel, engineered multivalent Carbohydrate Binding Module (mCBM), which is being developed for the prevention and treatment of Influenza Virus (IFV), Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV), Human Rhinovirus (hRV) and Coronavirus infections (CoV) including SARS-CoV-2 virus.
- Neumifil acts by binding directly to sialic acid on host cells and preventing the entry of the viral pathogens into the host. Neumifil was developed using Pneumagen’s proprietary GlycoTarge™ technology platform that generates novel mCBM products.
- In addition to Neumifil, Pneumagen is harnessing this technology to develop a pipeline of additional therapies targeting other infectious diseases.
- Following positive Phase I data, a Phase 2, proof of concept, controlled human influenza challenge study of Neumifil started in Q3 2022. Initial topline data are expected in the first half of 2023.